How to prepare for Black Friday?
The most awaited day for all bargain hunters and all ‘shopaholics’, the endless sale of products along with all the killer deals and promos. This day after Thanksgiving has all the possibly unique deals and affordable prices (although some retail stores start their Black Friday deals early, for the high levels of anticipation of shoppers are enough to make retailers start early). Marking the start of the Christmas holiday shopping season for consumers, meaning retailers often heavily promote their stores and markdown prices to entice shoppers to buy products both online and offline.
Because of this special day, people would wait in line for HOURS just to get their desired items at affordable prices before it runs out! It would easily be out of stock since most stores even start their pre-Black Friday sales on Wednesday.
Some experienced people or what I would love to call the ‘professional shoppers’ have shown their ways and tips in getting prepared for this awaited sale. Through my observations and experience, I present to you, the preparations for Black Friday!
- The week before the week where Black Friday starts; it is important to already have a budget. Without the money, what’s the point of the sale? Budgeting helps you to not panic about the amount of money you must have. Keep in mind that you do not know the prices yet, that’s why you can make estimations on the possible prices of products (do not make your estimations too low!). Another helpful tip is to have two different lists; one for the items you will absolutely buy & one for the items you will buy if you have leftover money. Listing the items out is important! It will stop you from being impulsive on buying products (because of the overwhelming sale) and it’ll save you the time of thinking every single turn you make on these shops on what to buy
- Purchase gift cards! Some people shop in a particular store, so by purchasing their gift cards it’ll allow you to save so much more money and at the same time, you’ll get reward points! It’s a great deal, isn’t it?
- Follow pages, accounts, websites of retailers and deals! Being aware of the upcoming sales and promos is going to make things easier for you. Also, with the technology nowadays, shops even give out coupons and discounts that can be only taken from their websites. Our products are 20% off!
- Make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the store’s policies. Let’s be honest, there’s always that one time in your life where you have to give what you bought back because of possible damages and the like. By knowing the store’s policies, you’ll be more careful in picking out the products you are going to buy from the store.
- Analyze deals very well before shopping. It is important to make sure that the deal you are going for is actually worth it. Don’t buy something just because it looks cheaper than before. Make quick calculations in your head if the deal is just right and enough to go for. Compare the deal prices from the original prices, did it lower or was it just higher than before? Sometimes we do not realize these things because we are far too overwhelmed with the sales. Don’t ever forget this!
- Seize the moment! The more you participate in these kinds of events, the more you’ll be able to memorize the pattern of these store’s deals. Make cool moments while you’re at it, it’s important to enjoy! The thrill of hunting for the items and the thrill of having able to save money because of the deals and promos …it are surely a feeling we all love!
Don’t stress yourself out too much on an actual day, that’s why we have these preparations. By planning your shopping frenzy, the actual shopping should be done with less stress (and hopefully, less money!) Do not forget to follow these steps as much as possible.
image source: google